Re: Review of Debian package lazy-loader

Hi,
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 11:58:38PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
Hello,

This is my review of the lazy-loader package you asked the Debian Python Team to sponsor in the Debian archive.

1. In d/control, I'm not sure to understand why the binary package is marked as "Multi-Arch: foreign", as this package isn't arch dependent?

The binary package is arch dependent as it was marked as "Architecture: all"
I think. There is more knowledge for me to here:
https://wiki.debian.org/MultiArch/Hints#set_Multi-Arch:_foreign

Fixed it.

[...]
You should instead run the upstream test suite as autopkgtests: they are much more meaningful.

Have a look at this example:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/packages/metalfinder/-/tree/debian/master/debian/tests

Ok, The package now is updated according to the all above review comments.

6. In d/changelog, you marked your entry as "unstable", whereas it should be UNRELEASED. Please re-read the DPT's policy with regards to this.

Ok, this is different entry with previous package that has been
sponsored by others DD. But I think 'UNRELEASED' entry is right:)

7. Although I have not listed them here, pretty much all of the lintian tags raised are relevant errors that you should fix.

Yeah, I run lintian the package this time and it got nothing from my
chroot build. The only error from mentor is:
```
Package uploaded for the UNRELEASED distribution
````
I think it should be ok this time.

You're 90% there!

I've removed your package from the sponsor queue for now, but feel free to re-add it when you feel like you've dealt with my review. I'll be happy to sponsor it then.

Thanks you very much! I have updated it from your valueable review.
Please let me know if there is any issues.

--
Regards,