Re: reducing matplotlib2 build-depends.

Hi all,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 02:13:51PM +0000, peter green wrote:
> matplotlib2 seems to be an important node in the python2 removal/reduction
> problem (and the qt4 removal problem). I have noticed there are a
> substantial number of python module packages that it build-depends on but
> does not depend on.
>
> [...]
>
> What do others with more experience think? Should these build-dependencies
> be removed?

+1 for this idea!

matplotlib2 is currently one of only 4 blockers for python-qt4 removal (and
one of two blockers for removing its Python 2 part).

I wonder if we can also remove python-matplotlib2-doc and related sphinx
build-dependencies. For developers working on software using matplotlib, the
documentation for its latest version (python-matplotlib-doc) should be enough.

--
Dmitry Shachnev