Re: RFS: mu-editor and yotta dependencies

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 at 18:42, Pierre-Elliott Bécue <peb@debian.org> wrote:

> Re,
>
> Actually, nudatus is a dependency of uflash.

See below for my reasoning for adding python3-nudatus as a Recommends
for python-uflash, rather than a hard Depends.

> ## python-nudatus
>
> Uploaded.

Awesome

> ## python-uflash
>
> Uploaded, though installing it will be hard, as
> firmware-microbit-micropython is missing and apt tries to fetch the
> recommends too.

nudatus is really an optional dependency of uflash, as minification is
not essential. The uflash code checks to see if nudatus is available
at runtime, and will disable minify if it is not available.

> ## python-guizero
>
> Uploaded.

Awesome

> ## mu-editor
>
> Hmmm.
>
> In the dependencies of the project are mentionned and imported:
>
> gpiozero

Please see the request to provide the gpiozero package on non-armhf
architectures at

> pigpio

Please see the RFP discussion for packaging pigpio at

> pynsist

pynsist is a tool to build Windows installers

> + some deps useful for testing.

i) pytest-cov measures test coverage, and I am not sure if that's a
useful statistic for packing?

ii) pytest-random-order would be useful, especially for reproducibility.

*However*, since upstream Mu added the dependency back in 2018/03,
upstream pytest-random-order 1.0.0+ disabled its "random by default"
behaviour (2018/10). As such, the mu-editor tests are not currently
randomised. This is a testing regression and I will report it, so that
the forthcoming 1.0.2 release of Mu contains it.

pytest-random-order is not actually packaged yet for Debian, so I could ITP it.

> I don't see any of those three packages in debian right now. Is there a
> reason you consider we don't need these?

I have added notes about gpiozero/pigpio to d/control. pynsist does
not seem necessary.

Are there any others I have missed?

Thanks,
Nick