Attempting to remove python-support?

Hi,

now that Jessie has been released, and there's the intention to
provide more support for Python 3 (e.g. paultag's mail to d-d-a),
would it be time to start kicking out python-support from Debian as
well?

According to lintian, there should be about 500 packages still using
python-support in a way or another, either (build)-depending on it or
invoking dh_pysupport in debian/rules

I think we reached the point whether lintian won't allow to reduce the
number of packages considerably (the checks are in place for more than
one year and a half, IIRC). Would it be better to start filing a MBF
against the affected packages, so we can focus better on the target?

I'd be available to identify the affected packages and eventually
filing all the bugs.

Cheers,
Luca