Re: RFC: python-base, debconf and py/pyc files

Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org> writes:

>   Maybe we could reuse the Emacs way?  Ask Joey to add a dh_python,
> write up a /usr/lib/pythonen-common/python-install, and byte-compile
> at install-time for all the present flavours?
>
>   Just an idea, of course.

  We have already talked about using the emacs way in previous threads.

  However, it seems that some modules are not compatible with all
  interpreters, so some of them can not be recompiled like this.
  Moreover, they may contain .so files.

--
Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>

Debian Activity Page: