Re: Debians trophy for the Linux New Media awards 2011

Hi Alexander

It would be nice to keep them. Where are you based?

-Jonathan

On 2023/03/20 20:56, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
TL,DR: I have some trophies Debian won over ten years ago, and don't
know what to do with them.

Hi there!

As you might now, the Debian project won the Linux New Media award back in 2011, which was back then something quite special, as the jury for the LNM Awards consisted of over 200 members of the wider open source community, which voted and choose Debian.

Back then I had the pleasure to accept the award on behalf of Debian, and since then brought the trophies as eyecatcher to several exhibitions [1].  But I fear when I left Debian ten years ago due to releasing kids, I didn't handed them over.  I fear they somehow got lost till now in a moving box - sorry for that.

   1: https://people.debian.org/~tolimar/tmp/LNM-2011.jpg

Anyway: Now that I found them again, I wonder what I should do with them.  I guess bringing an award from ten years ago to an exhibition won't do anything useful anymore, so I programmatically thinking I tend to throw them away.  However, as they don't belong to me personally, I should at least first ask.

So if someone else has a good idea what to do with them, I open to hand / send them over.

Best regards,
   Alexander