Re: [RFC] Extending project standards to services linked through Vcs-*

On Wednesday, 30 August 2023 18:46:38 CEST Russ Allbery wrote:
> So I want to say up front that personally I think the Debian packaging for
> every package in Debian should ideally have an existence on Salsa and all
> maintainers should set up their personal Salsa configurations so that they
> receive merge request notifications and other communication from it, even
> if they primarily do development elsewhere.

I would really like that all packaging is *available* on Salsa, even if it is
just in readonly 'mode'. Some don't have any Vcs repo listed and that makes
contributing much harder then needed.

I'm fine if maintainers don't want to deal with Salsa MRs, even though I find it
convenient. But knowing *how* contributions can be made would be welcome.
So something like  a "Patch-submission" field (in debian/control) seems useful.