Debian Roadmap 2030

Hi,

Three folks on -vote recently responded to a GR proposal that we—as a
group—have more important things to do, yet no one articulated what
those things were. With this message, I hope to collect your ideas.

My approach more or less follows the footsteps of Mehdi Dogguy, who
successfully distinguished his efforts from Debian's release goals.
[1] I wish for your broadest perspective. That is why I posted on a
generally non-technical list first.

Please feel free to respond privately with answers to any of the
questions below. Before replying on-list, please consider that you may
spark a discussion even though it is too early for that. I will
present a summary of all submissions in January 2022 and moderate a
debate then.

Anonymous submissions will look like my own. Out of respect for
everyone in this group, I will add my own suggestions at the latest
possible time.

Please send your ideas prior to January 2, 2022, and please share this
message. Thank you so much!

Kind regards,
Felix Lechner

[1] https://debconf16.debconf.org/talks/122/

* * *

Which challenge should Debian solve before 2030? (Please limit
yourself to 500 words or less.)

Would you like to remain anonymous?

Do you have the expertise to implement your idea?

Are you interested in helping with your idea?

Do you prefer to work alone or in a team?