Re: [Summary] Discourse for Debian

On Thursday, April 16, 2020 4:58:08 PM EDT Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm contacting you both publicly (via debian-project@) and privately (on
> your GMail address) in the name of the Community Team following this
> subthread.

Sigh.

To quote from the recent DPL delegation for your team:

> * To work with teams responsible for communications channels within
>     the community such as listmasters, the owner of the Bug Tracking
>     System, administrators of Debian Planet and others to provide
>     advice; where desired by these teams, helping to deal with
>     contentious and difficult issues that impact the community.

and

> This delegation grants no explicit power to the Community Team to
> enforce decisions; the power granted by this delegation is advisory.
> However, other teams may work with the Community Team as they choose
> and may allow the community team to have power within their channels.
> As an example, at the time of this delegation, some community team
> members are involved in list moderation.  Within the rules established
> by listmaster for the use of this moderation power, it is appropriate
> for community team members to use such power in furtherance of the
> Community Team mission.

Are you a listmaster?  According to https://www.debian.org/intro/organization
you are not.  Assuming that's the case, I think you're out of line.  If
there's a problem on a Debian list, it's the listmaster's role to address it.
I'm further assuming that if the listmasters had asked the Community Team to
take an active role in policing Debian lists, they would have mentioned it.

I've been skeptical about this delegation, but come on!  Can't you even last
two days without going outside your mandate?

Scott K