Re: GR proposal: mandating VcsGit and VcsBrowser for all packages, using the "gbp patches unapplied" layout, and maybe also mandating hosted on Salsa

Hi

> Would it not be worth waiting for them to respond to this issue
> themselves, rather than immediately firing off a series of emails that
> give the impression that you are personally upset about this?

Communication with contributors can be difficult and long delayed,
mostly due to being located in China and often away from personal
device. We have one in our team. The respective packages are still
mentined as old svn, not existing any more.

Do you think they have time and energy to reading this here and comment?

I am personally not upset at all, I just find it not a good idea to
*mandate* things that are very personal development practices.
But if we want to get rid of some developers, well, this is a way ahead
I guess.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev