Re: Debian supports pridemonth?

Russ Allbery - 02.07.19, 00:26:
> Adrian Bunk <bunk@debian.org> writes:
> > It is also a meaningful gesture if some people are excluded from
> > being welcomed.
> >
> > Would Debian honor a month of white heterosexual men?
>
> Do you think people with those attributes have been made
> systematically unwelcome in Debian, free software, or the larger
> world of computing?

How about a month of welcoming *all* contributors regardless of their
skin color, their sexual orientation, their political viewpoints, their
appearance?

How about "all is welcome here"?

Of course that does not mean to tolerate abusive behavior. It is of
course important to set healthy boundaries by having a netiquette and/or
a code of conduct that makes sense and actually enforce it.

Love it not license. I can still love someone and set boundaries. I can
still love someone and leave or ask them to leave.

How about even extending that month of welcoming *all* contributors to…
quite a long time?

How about looking at what is needed to make *all* contributors be
welcome here?

Best,
--
Martin