Re: should debian comment about the recent 'ransomware' malware.

On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 10:31 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Actually, we might want to issue an statement to _Debian_ users
> reminding them the value and necessity of keeping their Debian
> systems up-to-date.  Maybe point to our automated solutions that
> remind and/or apply security updates automatically.

To beat a dead horse that's already copped a flogging here, if the
default install ensured all security patches were installed there would
be no need for such an email.

Microsoft does do that of course.  Which means if the situation were
reversed our users would still be vulnerable to WanaCrypt0r by default,
whereas Microsoft's users are not.

Given that's true, claiming in this instance our users were better off
that Microsoft's sounds indefensible to me.