Re: Update to reimbursement procedure (now: max 3 months after expense)

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> Given the nature of Debian, I suspect that our travel reimbursements
> generally end up falling into one of the untaxed gift buckets of money, at
> least in the US, so the same reasons wouldn't apply.

Usually you want to book expenses in the year they happen to make it
easier to compare between different years and there might also be
legal/tax reasons to do that.
Reporting an expense from january in december is usually not a big
issue, but if you do this in the next year after the books have been
finalized, the expense will be booked in the wrong year.

Philipp