Re: uol.com.br and petsupermarket

ti, 2006-03-14 kello 11:28 +0000, MJ Ray kirjoitti:
> Lars Wirzenius <liw@liw.iki.fi>
> > The cost of having to delete an autoreply message for every mail you
> > send to -devel is not so great as to warrant kicking out Debian
> > contributors from Debian mailing lists. Get a life.
>
> I feel you're being unreasonably hostile.

I don't think I am being unreasonably hostile. Hostile yes, unreasonably
so, no.

I freely admit that I am being hostile, because you are defending
collateral damage from an action that has no actual benefit and does not
help solve the problem. Getting uol.com.br customers to react could have
been achieved by other ways; hurting them is unlikely to get them to
co-operate.

> Posting to -devel already brings one a certain amount of spam.
> Anything that reduces that will make posting to -devel more
> attractive and help improve communication in the project.

Kicking people off Debian lists without proper reason is really, really
bad for the project. Much worse than a single autoresponse message that
is easy to filter off, until it can be stopped.

> I'm unsure whether this blacklisting is the best way to deal

Anand's message only talked about unceremonicous unsubscriptions, not
blacklisting.

> Happily, not my decision to make: don't flame me for it.

You're happy to defend other people being hurt, so hey, it should be
fine to hurt you, Mark.

But whatever, I think it's better if I don't try to talk to you anymore.
It's obviously unproductive for either of us.

--
I think, therefore I am alone in the universe. -- Over the Hedge