Re: Private copies of list replies

>         It is unacceptable to people who want a CC? They are the ones
>  asking for a favour. If they want  a special treatment, different
>  from the default mailing list policy, either they put that favour
>  request in a manner I am going to respond to, or they do not get a
>  CC. As simple as that.

And there is nothing wrong with that.  There is no policy that
requires you to honor this request.  It is your decision.

>         My MUA shall respect MFT headers, so people shall get CC's if
>  they set it. If they say something in the body, since it is not
>  automated, it depends on whether I notice it, and am inclined to do
>  them the favour or not. It's a crap shoot.

I agree a note in the body is not reliable.  But, MFT isn't neither.
At least my MUA makes it very easy to follow the request for CC.

Anyway, how big is the problem?  In the last two weeks I havn't
noticed any post to the Debian lists I read that requested a private
CC.

If you'd like so much for MFT to become widely accepted you should
lobby for it to become formal standard.

Matthias