Re: HP Printer OfficeJet_Pro_6970 is not working under PureOS (Debian 11)

On Thu 28 Oct 2021 at 17:11:36 +0200, Florian Dohrmann wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> I understand, that you support any further with an unkown OS. Thanks anyway
> for your help!
> purging ipp-usb did the trick. My printer now works again.

Good. Printing is printing, even though I feel the way to go is with
ipp-usb. Thanks for your patience.

> Maybe interesting for you, I installed the standart Debian 11 on an
> external drive to test, if the printer works there. I had the same issue
> there.

Perhaps you have 5 or 10 minutes to spend on the following?

You have a printer that understands IPP-over-USB and the ipp-usb service
is acive. Ok up to there. The driverless command uses ippfind and it is
that command that seems to be misbehaving. Does increasing the timeout
make any difference?

  ippfind -T 20

We can also deuce what ippfind should give us. In my situation 'hostname'
outputs "cups1". ippfind shows

  ipp://cups1.local:60000/ipp/print

I can now manually set up a print queue

  lpadmin -p testq -v ipp://cups1.local:60000/ipp/print -E -m everywhere

and print with

  lp -d testq /etc/nsswitch.conf

Would you try this with the Debian installation, using your hostname, of
course?

TIA,

Brian.