Re: Fork of current version of »hfs« package

On Tue, May 30, 2023 at 01:24:15PM +0200, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have started working on an updated »hfsprogs« packages based on the
> split-out version of the HFS(+) code in the »hfs« package. For this,
> I have forked Apple's original »hfs« package on Github [1].
>
> Feel free to start contributing. It's currently work-in-progress as
> »fsck_hfs« does not compile yet and the code needs further clean-up
> which I will be doing later this week.
>
> Adrian
>
> > [1] https://github.com/glaubitz/hfs/tree/linux

I had a poke at it, dealt with a couple of compile issues, then
encountered Blocks and went WTF did Apple invent here?  I don't even
understand the description of their proprietary extension to C/C++/ObjC.

I had never seen code with ^ prefixed to things in this way and since I
don't understand what Blocks are supposed to accomplish I have no idea
how to remove them from the code.

--
Len Sorensen