illegal instruction on atan2

I'm testing an Uber lib, for geo indexing, that performs thousands of geospatial calculations... during the tests, when compiling the project, I received an illegal instruction error for absolute all the testes..., after some investigations, I identified that the failure occurred in the __atan2

C [libm.so.6+0x402e8] __atan2_finite+0xfff92ac0

Here they are, the related issues in the respective projects:

* https://github.com/uber/h3/issues/769
* https://github.com/uber/h3-java/issues/133

At now, I'm testing on QEMU with last Debian Port image:
Also, I did the same test on IBM Power5 - 9111-520 and on Power Mac G5, the same error happens :/

$ uname -a
Linux debian 6.1.0-9-powerpc64 #1 SMP Debian 6.1.27-1 (2023-05-08) ppc64 GNU/Linux

$  lscpu
Architecture:            ppc64
  CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
  Byte Order:            Big Endian
CPU(s):                  12
  On-line CPU(s) list:   0-11
Model name:              POWER7 (architected), altivec supported
  Model:                 2.1 (pvr 004a 0201)
  Thread(s) per core:    1
  Core(s) per socket:    12
  Socket(s):             1
Virtualization features:
  Hypervisor vendor:     KVM
  Virtualization type:   para
Caches (sum of all):
  L1d:                   384 KiB (12 instances)
  L1i:                   384 KiB (12 instances)
NUMA:
  NUMA node(s):          1
  NUMA node0 CPU(s):     0-11
Vulnerabilities:
  Itlb multihit:         Not affected
  L1tf:                  Mitigation; RFI Flush
  Mds:                   Not affected
  Meltdown:              Mitigation; RFI Flush
  Mmio stale data:       Not affected
  Retbleed:              Not affected
  Spec store bypass:     Mitigation; Kernel entry/exit barrier (fallback)
  Spectre v1:            Mitigation; __user pointer sanitization, ori31 speculat
                         ion barrier enabled
  Spectre v2:            Mitigation; Software count cache flush (hardware accele
                         rated), Software link stack flush
  Srbds:                 Not affected
  Tsx async abort:       Not affected