Re: Is a Raptor Blackbird (or other Power machine) a good general-purpose desktop?

On Tue, 2023-03-21 at 13:37 +0100, Linux User #330250 wrote:

> One thing though, and maybe someone can clarify for me: Why is it
> software-wise not possible to emulate an LE system on top of a BE
> system? The (Linux) kernel should be able to emulate being LE on BE
> hardware, shouldn't it?

I was under the impression that POWER CPUs do *both* BE and LE at the
same time, with each process able to start in either BE or LE mode.

Perhaps thats a feature of IBM POWER CPUs and not NXP ones though?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise