Re: PowerBook X11 mouse issues

On 2019-07-05 00:02:47 +0200 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

Hi!

to my big surprise... startx... works at the first attempt!
However, the mouse just jumps around. Also attaching an external mouse doesn't help, it continues jumping.

with some trickery I am able to "quit" and get back to console, I see:

appletouch: kernelbug: Touch jump detected and discarded

but I wan't even't touching the touchpad!

anyone has similar issues? My iBook works fine, but I guess it has a lesser touchpad device.

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo !
I'm still running Jessie, but I never encountered this on my powerbook. I'm rluctant to upgrade for now, since it really works like a charm with Jessie.
Which model do you have ?
Bertrand