Re: Problems booting debian after upgrade to jessie and running ybin

* Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net> [2014-12-03 15:57 +0900]:

> On 03.12.2014 06:00, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> >On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:13:31 +0100
> >Michael Schaffner <lists@nopanik.org> wrote:
> >>I don't have any clue what's going on and what further steps I could
> >>take. After all, this device has booted all 3 OSes successfully for
> >>ages.
> >
> >Hi Michael,
> >
> >I cannot help you with yaboot, as I have stopped using it for years, my
> >powerbook G4 runs grub2 since a couple of years without any problems,
> >my suggestion would be to just ditch yaboot and its problems and try
> >grub2 on your macmini G4 (I think it should run). You could easily
> >setup your other OSes there, just like on an x86.
>
> Beware that AFAIK grub2 *cannot* boot Mac OS (or MorphOS, presumably) on
> PowerMacs. One can still boot into Mac OS using the OF boot menu, which one
> can get into by holding the alt/option key while OF initializes.

One can load grub2 from the yaboot menu. So it's possible to use
whatever you want to boot.

Elimar
--
 Numeric stability is probably not all that
  important when you're guessing;-)