AW: AW: AW: Source repositories for powerpcspe port

> > David Kuehling wrote:
> Ok, this starts to get a little off-topic to the debian-ppc list.  Maybe
> we should move this discussion over to the debparanoia-discuss at
> sourceforge? Creation of the list was just queued, it will take 6-24
> hours until it is available (and until this link starts to work):

> I might be able to help you if I can see a full log of your debparanoia
> invokation (i.e.: debparanoia ... 2>&1 | tee logfile )
>
> Please post the log (gzipped) to the list and/or file it with the
> sourceforge bug tracker:
>
>   https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=555611&atid=2254499
>
> Never saw this problem with debparanoia on Ubuntu 10.04 nor 10.10.  Also
> note how the SF page says debparanoia "alpha" :)
>
> cheers,
>
> David
After updating debparanoia to latest version (2011-06-27) found at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/debparanoia/develop i still received
error messages complaining about too many open files:

    [I] Listing package source files to add to index
    ./debparanoia: redirection error: cannot duplicate fd: Too many open files
    ./debparanoia: cannot make pipe for process substitution: Too many open files
    ./debparanoia: cannot make pipe for process substitution: Too many open files
    ./debparanoia: line 720: <(list_1source_files "$tag" "$source"): ambiguous redirect
    *E* Listing of package-files failed

Following your hint to increase the number of open files for bash i increased the number both
for the kernel (probably unnecessarily) and bash:
    ## change kernel limit for open files:
    # cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
    100000
    # echo "200000" > /proc/sys/fs/file-max
    # cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max
    200000

    ## change bash limit for open files
    # ulimit -n
    1024
    # ulimit -n 50000
    # ulimit -n
    50000

After this debparanoia finished successfully:
    [...]
    [I]    ... 0 packages left
    [I] Attempt to generate emtpy index /home/hd1/debian-ports.debparanoia/dists/unstable-powerpcspe-20110705-130529/main/binary-powerpcspe!
    [I] Parsing package index '/home/hd1/debian-ports.debparanoia/dists/unstable-powerpcspe-20110705-130529/main/binary-powerpcspe/Packages.bz2'...
    [I]    ...found 0 packages.
    [I] Verifying index file...
    [I]    verified 0 packages (original index had 31022 packages)
    [I] Mirroring finished. Had 2 warnings and 0 errors.

Probably increasing resource reservation that drastically (1024 -> 50000) is not necessary ...

Thanks,
Rüdiger