Re: G5 doesn´t like UBUNTU 6.10?

Hi Pedro,

you're better off going to the Ubuntu Forums with this problem.  The website is http://www.ubuntuforums.org.  This is a Debian mailing list after all!  I also tried Ubuntu 6.10 on this machine (iBook G3 700 MHz) and it wasn't a pleasant experience.  The support in X.org for Macintosh keyboards is broken in Ubuntu 6.10.  Also Ubuntu no longer officially supports the PowerPC version so you may be better off installing Debian Etch as I did.  You can download installers for Debian Etch here: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/.  But as I said please report problems with Ubuntu to the Ubuntu folks.  Ubuntu is based on Debian but there are difference in how they both work so the Ubuntu support channels are more likely to be able to help you.  Hope this doesn't sound too nasty!

regards,

Ananda