Re: G3 iBook still hanging when coming out of sleep.

Ian Wienand wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 08:14:50AM +1000, Ian Wienand wrote:
> > Sorry, it's 2.6.12-*rc3* (rather than the .3 update).  I'm not sure
> > when those changes went in exactly, but for sure before the 2.6.12
> > release.
>
> Actually, looking at http://tinyurl.com/7sc6d it seems those sleep
> changes went into the 2.6.12-rc3 tree, so maybe try -rc2 and then -rc3
> and see if things work.  Those changes fixed very similar sleep
> problems I was having with my G3 iBook.

I beginning to think that mine is a different problem.

I had been running the same kernel (2.6.11) for over a month
when the machine first started hanging on sleep. The thing
that changed when the hanging started was that I upgraded
pbbuttonsd.

After spending an evening hand applying diffs, looking at PPC
assembler and compiling kernels instead of hacking on my own
code I'm inclined to try winding back pbbuttonsd instead of
more futzing with kernels.

I will continue messing with kernels if someone can tell me
what link between the new version of pbbuttonsd and the kernel
could be causing these problems.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)
C offers you enough rope to hang yourself.
C++ offers a fully equipped firing squad, a last cigarette and
a blindfold.