Re: Permission for 'dev/pmu'

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 11:48:41PM -0800, Brad Boyer wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 07:32:32AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Do we already have a bug against udev to have the above line per default, or
> > otherwise finally fix this issue ?
>
> There were some objections to it the last time it was mentioned. I
> believe there were some questions about it being a bad idea to
> make the permissions more open by default. Requesting sleep is
> restricted to root anyway, but there are some other operations
> that while less sensitive than sleep should still be restricted.

Makes sense, then the gnome-stuff which now include acme needs to be fixed in
this regard. I consider this a RC quality bug, and something which needs
fixing before the sarge release. You seem informed about this issue, could you
follow up on this, and make sure it just doesn't get forgotten and we release
with this ugly bug ?

/me doing prep kernels and d-i support right now :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther