Re: powerpc and cdrecord with kernel 2.6

Il giorno mar, 16-11-2004 alle 00:38 +0100, Sven Luther ha scritto:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 08:52:33PM +0100, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
[...]
> > Sometimes i do not get any error but the burned CD isn't readable.
> >
> > I have similar problems even on i386 and I inquired the cdrecord author.
> > He said that there are some problems in kernels from, at least, 2.6.8.
>
> Fixed in latest debian kernels normally, if you still see it, please fill bug
> reports.

I am using 2.6.9 since I am testing a patch I wish to be included in
actual kernel. The patch works for 2.6.8 and 2.6.9, and it is required
in order to make work a SCSI pcmcia I use.

I just reported a bug, providing the patch: #281434. If this patch would
be included in the debian shipped kernel, then I will gladly switch to
it as soos as the kernel hit unstable.

Thanks,
Giuseppe