Re: Test patch for sleep on Aluminium PowerBooks

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 21:33 +0100, Rick Buitenman wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 17:16, Luis Sanjuan wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 02:04:43PM +0100, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> > > hello...
> > >
> > > * Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> [2004-11-11 13:15 +0100]:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > i can assert that on some occasions (also 5,2). mostly, it works, but
> > > sometimes, when the machine has been slept for quite some time, the
> > > machine seems to awake (disc spins up), but the display stays dark.
> >
> > Same here (PowerBook5,3 + pbbuttons + USB mouse), only a couple of times.
> > Normally it works perfectly. Because I've no idea what could be the cause
> > neither how to reproduce it, I haven't yet reported it.
>
> Same story her (15" PB 5,2 1.25Ghz + pbbuttons + USB mouse). Not been
> able to consistantly reproduce it.
>
> > > i did not bark yet, because i did not figure out what causes this
> > > behaviour. i suspect USB to be the culprit, because sometimes i have a
> > > Sharp Zaurus or a USB mouse attached to the machine. suspend/resume
> > > is experimental for USB, anyway.

> > > i should try that.
>
> This worked for me one time, but the other times the powerbook just
> stayed completely 'frozen'. For the record, so far this has only
> happened after deliberately putting the albook to sleep by pressing the
> power button.

This is exactly what happens to me.
I press the power button or close the lid with connected to AC (right
now I have pbbuttonsd 0.6.6-1) and it goes to sleep.
I press any key and all freeze :(

--
My software never has bugs.       | ASCII Ribbon Campaign         /"\
It just develops random features. | For Standards-Complaint Email \ /