Re: Powerbook G3 and linux - boot CD problem

Hi Clive
Thank you for some information.

> Hi Mariusz
>
> You could try booting whilst holding down cmd+opt+shift+delete - tells
> your Mac to skip the first bootable device.  If holding down C doesn't
> do it.
>
> Is it new world or old world? If is one of these:
> PowerBook G3 FireWire Pismo (2000)              powermac-NewWorld
> PowerBook G3 Lombard (1999)                     powermac-NewWorld
>
> it's new world
Where I can find this information . Everything what I see on it is acintosh
PowerBook G3 on the botom of monitor and Power PC on the top
On the back I have
Macintosh powerBook G3 Series.
and I find a family number M4753

> BootX doesn't work on new world.
>
> If you can't boot off a CD, you can boot off the hard disk by following
> the instructions here:
>
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-
>boot-drive-files 4.4.2 Hard Disk Installer Booting for NewWorld Macs

To falow it I need a partition HFS. I have HFS+.Do you know how I can convert
hfs+ to hfs?  How I can change a size of partition without a Mac CD?

> Regards
>
> Clive

Thanks for help

Mariusz Antonik