Tibook G4 kernel compile fails

I've been unsuccessfully trying to compile a kernel on my first generation
tibook since I received it nearly a year ago.  After playing around with
lots of yes/no/module choices, I figured I'd try the stock config supplied
with the kernel.  Low and behold, it compiled just fine.

The system is a first generation tibook with woody (& also an
semi-updated yd-2.2 install) with the 2.4.19 source.

After playing for a while today & several dozen failed kernel compiles
later, I think I have it narrowed down to the /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
option.  When I don't include it, the make-kpkg lights right up.  When I
include it as either a module or statically built into the kernel, my
compile fails with lots of agpgar_be.c messages.

The initial message is along the lines of:

agpgart_bc.c:84: #error "Please define flush_cache."
agpgart_be.c: In function `agp_generic_agp_enable':
agpgart_be.c::400: warning: unused variable `cap_id'

and so on with a bunch more warns.

I haven't found any info on this so far.
I can post more error messages if necessary.  Or appropriate sections from
the kernel config.

-Mark

Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst