Re: ibook 2 : several question

On lun, 2002-09-02 at 14:10, Jesus Climent wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:07:05PM -0400, Francis J. Lacoste wrote:
> > On lun, 2002-09-02 at 13:03, David M. Cooke wrote:
> >
> > I have a iBook2 700Mhz (12" screen) with the Radeon M6 and sleeping is
> > not working properly. Well, sleeping works but it never wakes up. I have
> > ran several kernels and it never work.
>
> Here it was working until I rebuilt the kernel without ide-cdrom (since
> the ide-scsi parameter on boot did not work: it was rejected by the
> kernel saying that it was not an existing kernel parameter, and it
> happened between rc4-benh0 to 2.4.19-benh0 final).
>
> After that it never wakes up, so I maight have to decide wetween
> sleep/wake up or cd recording.

My kernel was compiled with IDE CDROM support. (SCSI emulation is
compiled as a module and is not working either.)

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=m

On boot, I have the following messages:

Kernel command line: root=/dev/hda10 ro hdb=scsi
ide_setup: hdb=scsi -- BAD OPTION

The SCSI emulation was working fine with the installer kernel
(2.4.18-newpmac) and stopped working once I upgraded to 2.4.19-benh0.

So, there is a problem with my IDE/SCSI setup, but I don't think its
related to the wakeup not working anymore.

--
Francis J. Lacoste
francis@Contre.COM