Re: slows to a crawl when hard drive is in use

I've also been running my iBook with interrupts unmasked for many months
without problems.

Is it possible to get UDMA66 working on the iBook?  My version of the kernel
configures the drive for UDMA33. I did try forcing it to UDMA66 using hdparm,
and it utterly toasted the filesystem ;(  I doubt it makes a major difference
to the performance, but it'd be nice to get it working.

Ben -- is it just accurate timings for the chipset that are required to get
UDMA66 working? Do you need access to the iBook hardware or would it be
possible to gather them with the assistance of an iBook owner?

Will