Re: Window Managers, etc

On Saturday 06 January 2001 18:16, Chris Bryan wrote:
> One quick question, which I'm sure is a simple one: how do I change the
> default window manager? GNUstep is currently the default. I installed the
> neccessary packages for gnome, I just don't know how to change the
> configuration. I consulted the debian manual (on the website) to no
> avail... it must be referring to a different kernel. I'm sure there's only
> a few settings, so I figured no one would mind me asking!
>
> Thanks so much,
>
> Chris B

When you run: startx. Startx reads information from .xsession.
This is how my .xsession looks like:

---

#! /bin/sh

xscreensaver &

if [ -x `which wmaker` ] ; then
    exec wmaker
elif [ -x `which twm` ] ; then
    exec twm
else
    exec xterm
fi

---

Just change the exec wmaker to exec <your windowmanager>.

--
Kind regards  Björn Johansson

http://bounce.to/amigafreak