Re: XFree 4.0.1-8 won't run on r128/ppc

dog wrote:

> sculpsit daenzerm:
> > > additionally, i find that when the display blanks (using the fbdev
> > > driver, of course) i lose the console totally and can't regain it by any
> > > means other than rebooting the machine.
> >
> > Do you mean the bug that it blanks the screen even when you're in console?
> > You should be able to get the display back by switching back to X and
> > having it unblank.
>
> nope. switching vts makes no difference. i can experiment with this more if
> you like.

But are we talking about the same problem? You are in console and the X server
blanks the screen? I was able to resolve that by switching to the X VT and
then moving the mouse or pressing a key to unblank.

> FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument
>
> Fatal server error:
> AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0
>
> the "FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument" is the same message i get when
> trying to use fbset to change resolution etc under offb.

I see. I guess we could have it leave out the FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO for offb.
I'll have a look.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86 and The DRI Project