Does this pthread(?) crash ring any bells?

Hi!

I'm still trying to port Paul Barton-Davies' splendid quasimodo program
(http://www.quasimodo.org) to a Debian PowerPC system with a view to
making a deb package of it.  I've had to install some libraries from
Woody and elsewhere, namely:

    libgtkmm_1.0.3-1.1.deb
    libsigc++0_1.0.1-1.deb
    libsigc++-dev_1.0.1-1.deb
    libxml-dev_1.8.9-1.deb
    libxml1_1.8.9-1.deb

With help from Paul, the program now compiles and (outside of gdb)
starts well enough, but it is easy to make it crash.  Running it inside
the debugger makes it crash instantly (gdb will debug multi-threaded
programs, right?).  I'm using the phtread library which came with
Potato, 0.8, and gcc/g++ 2.95.2.  I am worried that the problem is in
the pthread library because of what the debugger tells me (at end).  I
know this package compiles and runs on quite a few other architectures
(and will be trying it out on GNU/Linux Intel i386 soon) but need it to
work on PowerPCs because somebody senior went and bought 10 of 'em to
put in my Lab before I arrived here 8-)

Another thing, it seems some bug numbers you guys talk about don't
appear in the bug list at  http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/ix/full.html
-- do you have your own?  Sorry, but I've not been able to find it...

Many thanks for your attention!

Nick/

nick@cmt1:~$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/debug gdb gtk-quasimodo
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gtk-quasimodo
Quasimodo: [INFO]: guileconfig : found quasimodo rc file in:
         /home/nick/.quasimodorc
Quasimodo: [INFO]: Linux: running on 1 processor. Consider a dual CPU
system.

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
0xf41b244 in __syscall_rt_sigsuspend () at soinit.c:59
59      soinit.c: No such file or directory.
Current language:  auto; currently c
(gdb) up
#1  0xf419f3c in sigsuspend () at
../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sigsuspend.c:59
59      ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/sigsuspend.c: No such file or
directory.
(gdb) up
#2  0xf5d3a40 in __pthread_wait_for_restart_signal (self=0xf5eb4a0)
    at pthread.c:785
785     pthread.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) up
#3  0xf5d3018 in __pthread_create_2_1 (thread=0x100cb8bc, attr=0x0,
    start_routine=0xff6d8d8 <dsp_thread(void *)>, arg=0x100cb858)
    at restart.h:26
26      restart.h: No such file or directory.
(gdb) up
#4  0xfc0c2a8 in QMThread::QMThread () at thread.cc:75
75              unlock ();
Current language:  auto; currently c++
(gdb)

Without the debug versions of the libs (much the same):

nick@cmt1:~$ gdb gtk-quasimodo
GNU gdb 4.18
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gtk-quasimodo
Quasimodo: [INFO]: guileconfig : found quasimodo rc file in:
         /home/nick/.quasimodorc
Quasimodo: [INFO]: Linux: running on 1 processor. Consider a dual CPU
system.

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.
0xf41b244 in sigset () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0xf5d3a40 in __pthread_wait_for_restart_signal () from
/lib/libpthread.so.0
(gdb) up
#2  0xf5d3018 in pthread_create@@GLIBC_2.1 () from /lib/libpthread.so.0
(gdb) up