Re: help installing Debian using LinuxPPC June '99..

>nick@intus.net said:
>> I was wondering if it is still possible to somehow do a "manual"
>> install from base2_2.tgz using an existing Linux/PPC installation? I
>> tried to follow the minihowto thing, but wasn't terribly sucessful
>> (that is, base2_2.tgz from  potato-current) -
>
>I just did... but in my case, it was actually a missing perl causing all those
>missing file errors. I salvaged just the perl binary from my LinuxPPC install.
>
>> * dselect wasn't able to configure everything in the base packages due
>> to missing
>>   helper programs (update-rc.d and install-info); I tried simply
>> commenting those
>>   out of the postinst scripts, and everything configured, but when I
>> booted
>>   I got an "enter runlevel:" prompt..
>
>Say 'S' (for single user)

Actually, I installed from the Feb99 base2_2 file and all went smoothly, without
having to enter single user mode on bootup (it continued the install process when
I logged in as root. 40 megs later and I've got a working base system.

Thanks for the help :)

as always,
nick-r

nick@intus.net