Re: MVME2301 motorola board

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, GRAVE Xavier wrote:

> I have a diskless mvme2301 board (powerPC 603, pci based), and I would
> like to try linux as an alternative to vxWorks. I've heard about a
> possible version. Can somebody give me any information about this task ?

See http://master.debian.org/~porter for instructions on installing Linux
on your board.  Since this board has 2 PMC sites you could configure it
with a MPMC101 SCSI card and install to disk.  Alternatively (and what I
think you wanted), you can use your 2301 and install Debian onto an NFS
root filesystem.  The above site has information on doing that as well.

If you want to boot out of the onboard linear flash like VxWorks you'll
have to wait a bit for that...I have a working bootloader but it currently
requires changes to PPCBUG.

--
Matt Porter                                   Motorola Computer Group
mporter@mcg.mot.com                           CIBU Linux Support