Re: RS/6000?

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Erick Kinnee wrote:

> Well, sadly the project has taken a backseat to other things. It will
> progress in several months. May I keep you as a reference when I do get
> to begin? Or do you know of a good repository for info I may need in
> this case?

Certainly! I'm gonna CC this over to debian-powerpc, so everyone has this
information.

If you have ANY questions about RS/6000's, feel free to get in touch with
me. The preferred method, of course, is email either at work or at home,
but if it's urgent, you can try and give me a call in my office, and I'll
help any way that I can.

On with how to reach me!

email - PJaenke@unicent.com (work - fastest response usually)
email - prj@unicent.com (work)
email - prj@nls.net (home)
phone - +1-216-344-2603 (work)

I've spoken with someone at Motorola, BTW, and even though the PowerPC
relationship with IBM is on again, IBM is NOT sharing a *lot* of
information, so I'm basically screwed till IBM decides to either make it
public, or I can find a way to get IBM to let me have the information. If
anyone has any suggestions, or contacts to contribute, then please email
them to me privately. What I really need at this point is POWER2, P2SC,
RS64, and RS64-II information. POWER3 would be nice, but I think I may
hold off on that till I get POWER2 and/or P2SC processors working.

Also, if somebody familiar with setting up non-profit organizations could
give me a hand with setting up one, so that I can become familiar with the
process, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

-Phillip R. Jaenke, Head Unix Guru, Unicent Telecom
 216-344-2603 / ~9a->~5p Eastern - Pester Me!