Status info?

Hi all,

I'm a old hand with macs, worked as a user on a next system, and am a
newbie to linux. I've installed mklinux on my PowerComputing PowerWave
604, but I'm looking to move to debian at the suggestion of a friend. How
is the port progress coming? Is the port ready for prime time yet? I hear
that the debian port is much more secure than other un*xes, and that
truly interests me. How difficult is it to get the debian port installed?
Do you use rpm for software installs? Any particular issues with apache?
netatalk?

I'm sure I'll have a million more questions, assuming I can actually run
debian, so I'll hold back a little for now. Thanks for your time.

Thanks,
Troy Davis

Troy Davis
Interactive Director