Re: Idea for Policy expert reviewer list

Hello,

On Tue 20 Sep 2022 at 09:39AM -07, Russ Allbery wrote:

> What do people think?  Helpful innovation, or just extra bookkeeping that
> isn't worth the effort?  If people do think this is a good idea, I'll
> bring it up on debian-devel for further discussion (and then, if we
> adopted it, it would be a debian-devel-announce post).

I think this is a nice idea, and could help a lot with our bugs.  I
think that we should do it in the lightest-weight way that we can.  That
is, let's

1) have the list

2) write down in the README that we'll CC people at the point that
   things have got sufficiently concrete, as you say

3) announce on d-d-a that we would like people to put themselves on the
   list / ask us to put them on the list.

Seems to me this could achieve everything you want to achieve without
introducing any serious bookkeeping work for anyone.  (Additionally, not
sure why this would need to go to debian-devel -- seems like a Policy
team-internal thing.)

--
Sean Whitton