Re: Active policy editor (was: Re: DebCamp sprint?)

Hi Andreas,

First, thanks for starting this thread and for caring so much
about Policy. :)

> I don't think it's a good idea to leave you with both the entire
> editor workload AND the recruitment work.

That's an excellent and considerate point…

> Given (AFAIK) it's officially the DPLs responsibility to
> appoint/delegate editors I'm CCing leader to see if he has
> any ideas

Alas, delegating, etc. is the easy part. In terms of recruiting, have you considered:

 * Emailing the debian-devel-announce list along the lines of "The
   Debian Policy team needs your help"? A generous description of
   a) the responsibilites, b) an encouragement that it's not a
   "scary" part of Debian, and c) clear & actionable steps if someone
   is tempted, would be essential here IMHO.

 * Reaching out to specific people you might think have the right
   temperament for the role? There might be some crossover with
   -ctte. They don't specifically need to be DDs (yet) and, indeed,
   this could be a great way to get someone started along those
   lines.

These are not mutually exclusive of course. In fact, I was just about
to email a couple of folks but if we had such a post to d-d-a I
could underline and add some weight to request by linking to it
with my message.

Thoughts?

> I'm sure he'll be happy to sponsor a sprint if needed

*Absolutely*. He'll help arrange it too, we just need to find the
people.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.