Re: Custom undocumented(7)s are just as bad.

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 06:33:04PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> I guess I need to put xbase-clients up for adoption then.

Eh?  Considering the rate at which you've been fixing X bugs,
I hope that's just a rhetorical statement.  You've been doing
great, it's just that there's a lot of work which needs to be
done.

> I've run the programs and even glanced over the source and STILL don't
> enough to write a decent manpage for xkbbell, xkbvleds, or xkbwatch.

I've got a draft for xkbwatch.  I'll attach it in pod form (I'm
not sure what section it should go in, maybe --section=6 --center=X).

I'll do the other two at some point (and maybe the section three
pages that are referenced).

--
Raul
=head1 NAME

xkbwatch - demo program watching modifier key state

=head1 SYNOPSIS

xkbwatch

=head1 DESCRIPTION

xkbwatch is a demo program which shows how to use some of the XKB
extensions to monitor the state of various modifiers.

When xkb starts, a five row window is displayed.  The first row
corresponds to any base modifier bits which are currently set.  The second
row corresponds to "latched" bits.  The third row corresponds to "locked"
bits, the forth to "effective" bits, and the final row to "compat" bits.

When modifier keys are pressed, you'll see the corresponding indicators
for the appropriate bits light up.

=head1 OPTIONS

xkbwatch supports the standard Xt options.

=head1 SEE ALSO

L<XkbGetState>, L<XkbOpenDisplay>, L<XkbQueryExtension>,
L<XkbSelectEvents>