Re: Editor and sensible-editor

Hi,
>>"Brock" == Brock Rozen <brozen@torah.org> writes:

 Brock> And while, you may be right (I'm not saying you are) that
 Brock> developers should be the only ones seconding and objecting --

        Yes, the guidelines adopted for policy changes do state that
 only proposals and seconds that count have to be developers. Non
 developers are welcome, and the input provided is listened to, but
 since policy is important to the core of the project, we can't just
 throw the power of amending it wide open (a certain amount of
 commitment does ensure some protection from malicious or frivolous
 amendments).

        We do try to keep the policy process as open as we can.

 Brock> do we even have a formal policy on proposals? Yes, Manoj has
 Brock> something...but does policy refer to it? And is this discussed
 Brock> in Manoj's document? (sorry, haven't taken a look)

        This is an informal forum of cooperative people who have
 agreed to an convention and guidelines how we upodate policy. So far,
 we have not needed a stick to chastize unruly or disruptive
 individuals. Do you think that has changed?

        manoj
--
 "Luke, I'm yer father, eh.  Come over to the dark side, you hoser."
 Dave Thomas, "Strange Brew"