Packaging Manual 4.2.14 (Distribution:)

Is this segment of the packaging manual accurate?  I recall being told
to handle contrib packages by changing the Section: field in the
control file such that it reads

    Section: contrib/net

rather than

    Section: net

for instance, and that the distribution header in the changelog should
read "stable", "frozen", "unstable" or "experimental".  This will,
however, break the automatic sorting of upload announcements made by
dupload to debian-changes or debian-devel-changes.

Without checking, I also have the impression that most of the
contrib/non-free packages that I've seen follow the method I've
described, rather than the method in the packaging manual.  What do we
want to use as a standard?

 Zed Pobre <zed@va.debian.org> | PGP key on servers, fingerprint on finger