Re: [PROPOSED] Quicktrack to fixing typos

Hi,
>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

 Ian> How about instead allowing the change to be made immediately in the
 Ian> development version, and retracted if anyone objects ?  (I agree with
 Ian> whoever suggested a 3 day objection period.)

	Sounds good to me How about:

 Spelling errors and typographical corrections

 The maintainers may make minor spelling and typographical
 corrections in the documentl, provided it's clear that the changes do
 not change the meaning of the document in any way, without going
 through the proposal process

 In such a case, the maintainer must announce the intent to the
 debian-policy mailing list. If there are any objections in the next
 three days, the modification shall be retracted and the change
 subject to the proposal process. If there are no objections, the
 maintainer is free to go ahead and upload the corrected version.

	If there are no objections in the next three days, I shall
 update the guidelines (and post a updated guidelines document here).

	manoj
--
 To enjoy freedom we have to control ourselves.  -- Virginia Woolf