About sections contents

I just noticed that 2 similar apps (cbb and xacc) were placed in 2
different sections (misc and utils).  I filed a bug against ftp.deb
for this, but without suggesting a solution.

What I feel is missing is official guidelines for was belongs to what
section.  As the sections seem to be defined by someone at Debian, not
the maintainers individually, it may be reasonable to setup such
guidelines (maybe in the packaging manual), to prevent such
discrepancies in the dist.

Note that, in the same idea, there are still packages that should
belong to "oldlibs" in "libs", as well as many apps just using the X
interface in section "x11" (qps, asmodem ...)

[Note: I'm off for ~10 days]
--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: