Re: Mailcrypt - EMACS package maintainers please read this message.

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> BTW, should we keep the tiny section `4.7 Emacs lisp programs' in the
> Policy Manual or is this already contained in our new document:

Well, I figured that once we felt that the new document had
stabilized, it would either become pard of the Policy Manual, or there
would be a pointer to it as an external file.  It think this
particular bit should be subsumed by a section in the new document
detailing this issue.

Something like:

Packages with only marginal emacs relevance
Generally, if a normal package just contains some emacs helper files,
and does not need to perform any byte-compilation or other emacs
dependent activities upon installation (for performance or other
reasons), then it is not necessary to specify a dependency on emacsen
or any flavor of emacs, and the package may just include files located
in the standard emacs add-on directories:

  /etc/<emacs>/site-start.d
  /usr/share/<emacs>/site-lisp

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>