Re: Treo and ppp over USB

Il Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 09:14:48AM +0200, Giuseppe Sacco ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> I am tring to let my treo connect to a laptop using the USB cable, but I
> am not lucky. I am working with a Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 with security upd
> and proposed upd.

I reply to myself since I had a long conversation with handspring and
probably someone other will need this information.

It seems that connecting a Treo via USB is not possible since the USB
connection is started when the sync button is pressed. At that moment
the treo automatically start the syncronize application and doesn't
start the PPP connection.
If you start the PPP connection than it will fail since the USB
connection isn't active.

Handspring says that you may still connect using the IrDA channel :-(

Bye,
Giuseppe