Re: prc-tools

On 17 Jan 2001, Stephen Zander wrote:

> [...]
> The problem is bug #78745.  It is not possible to build the prc-tools
> package without using a PalmOS SDK (well, it is but the package is
> completely useless as then doesn't contain any target libraries).
> However, none of the SDKs I have allow redistribution in any form,
> meaning I can't upload the source tarball for the prc-tools package
> meaining I can't upload the binary packages either.

Isn't it possible to build a package that requires the end user to provide
an original SDK at install time?
This way, you could ensure that the SDK is installed without having to
redistribute it.

I recall that there was something similar with Debian's netcape packages,
a long time before netscape was freely redistributable...

Regards,
	Siggi