Re: gnome-pilot && gnome-pim

Robbie Huffman <robbie_h@mindspring.net> writes:

> Sorta ;) I started poking around, and discovered a similar
> error listed on the Gnome-Pilot FAQ page. So I grabbed a
> copy of the source, copied gpilotd.gnorba and copied it to
> /etc/CORBA/servers/. Then started gpilotd by hand. Then
> ran gpilotd-control-applet. Worked ;) Now I'm off to play with
> configuration and such. Just thought this might help with
> the next pre-release of the deb.

Ah yes, I rememer having to fix a similar problem when I did an NMU of
balsa.  There is (or at least should be) some special argument you can
pass to ./configure to tell it where the /etc/CORBA/servers dir is
located.  Perhaps this should be added to the rules file.  I imagine
that it's both easier and more reliable than moving the file by hand.

(Whoever is working on this, send me an email ping if you can't figure
it out easily -- I did it once, and can probably do it again.
Off-list is fine.)

As for starting gpilotd by hand, well, you *shouldn't* have to; this
could either be a result of the incorrect configuration or of an
upstream bug.

(p.s. note that it *may* be helpful that the Debian Orbit maintainer
is on this list...or may not.:-)