Re: Reorganizing our repository

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 01.08.2006, 12:44 -0500 schrieb Gunnar Wolf:
> Maybe (part of) our problem lies with svn-buildpackage being meant to
> be used on simple trees, not on repositories with so many independent
> modules as ours? Maybe we should rather seek a more apt structure,
> which allows us to check out the whole tree at once without getting
> the whole structure. We could do this by having a slightly unkosher
> managing of tags and branches, something like (taking from our current
> usage):
>
> pkg-perl
>   /packages
>     /trunk
>       /libbar-perl
>       /libfoo-perl
>     /tags
>       /libbar-perl
>         /debian_version_0.01-1
>         /debian_version_0.01-2
>         /debian_version_0.05-1
>       /libfoo-perl
>         /debian_version_2.14-1
>         /debian_version_2.14-2
>     /branches
>       /upstream
>         /libbar-perl
> 	  /0.01
> 	  /0.05
> 	  /current
> 	/libfoo-perl
> 	  /2.14
> 	  /current
>
> Of course, this might also mean reworking bits of svn-buildpackage,
> i.e., to allow us to specify where branches/ is (maybe even it makes
> sense not to store the uncompressed orig.tar.gz in branches/ but just
> the tarballs)...

Maybe this can be achieved by tweaking the deb-layout files
svn-buildpackage creates? I also think to recall that the docs to
svn-buildpackage once mentioned a "directory structure switch" that
would allow to select the layout you proposed. In that case, a kind
request to Eduard Bloch might help.

Personally, I like your layout there.

BTW, I just made you Project Admin on the alioth project, too. And don't
pretend you don't deserve it :-)

Greetings,
Joachim

--